Applying for your first apprenticeship may be a daunting experience, especially if you aren’t sure where to start. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you apply for your first apprenticeship and get you started in your new career.
- Make sure your CV includes information about why you would like to work within the industry you are applying to. Managers are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about the job role.
- Make sure that you fill out your application fully so your recruiter can find you the best placement. Try to include as much information as possible!
- Keep your phone close by so that you can answer phone calls about vacancies, interviews or even job offers! When looking for a job, make sure that you answer the phone politely and get back to your recruiter as soon as possible.
- Be honest. If you’re not interested in a certain vacancy, tell your recruiter, they can help you find a role that is most suited to you.
- If you cannot attend an interview, let your recruiter know as soon as possible. They might be able to reschedule for you. Remember that interviews are a crucial part of job applications, so don’t cancel unless you absolutely have to!
- Talk to your recruiter if you’re nervous about your interview. They’ll give you tips to make sure you do as well as possible. This includes turning up on time, dressing smartly and keeping your phone on silent/off during the interview.
- Make sure you do test runs to your workplace prior to starting there, so you know whether it’s a commutable distance. You’ll be making this journey roughly 5 days per week so you need to make sure you’re not going to be too tired out from all the travelling and that it is a suitable distance from your home.
- Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get an apprenticeship after the first one you apply for. You will find the perfect apprenticeship for you!
Delivering quality Apprenticeships and Training across Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Devon and Hampshire, in Childcare, Business Administration, Leadership and Management, and more. With offices in Salisbury, Taunton, Bournemouth, Portsmouth and Plymouth.