There is no Aspire Training Team without ‘Team’ which is why we make sure all our colleagues are appreciated and supported throughout their day to day work life.
Appreciation to all colleagues is provided in a variety of ways and on a daily basis; with thank you notes, Job Well Done certificates and “ABCD” (Above and Beyond the Call of Duty) Awards. We also, run a ‘Thank You Thursday’ which takes place on the first Thursday of each month.
Building Inclusive Environments Group
Everyone at Aspire Training Team is responsible for creating and maintaining an inclusive environment, however, in order to lead this across the company, the ‘Building Inclusive Environment Group’ was created in July 2020. The group actively researches and creates new initiatives and ideas that the company can implement in order to support inclusivity. It will also be responsible for ensuring that cultural diversity and inclusivity is embedded within the company and setting expectations of what the company stands for.Learn more
Sustainability at Aspire
We believe that the way we currently live our lives is environmentally unsustainable therefore socially and economically unsustainable too. There are many things we do to ensure we are being sustainable, here are a few;
- Closed our Aspire office in Poole as a result over 50% of our staff work from home which reduces travel and, therefore, reduces our carbon footprint.
- Reducing printing by introducing dual screens and an online learner portal
- Fitting magnets and timers on boilers and electrical equipment to save energy
- Offering support for health and well-being to learners
- Wooden pens
- Staff are provided with bamboo lanyards, rather than those made from synthetic materials
- Staff are provided with a travel mug to avoid the use of one-use plastic cups
- Locate vacancies to apprentices in their local area
- Sponsored Queen Elizabeth’s school mini buses to reduce the amount of trips made in cars
- Sustainability is taught to learners during workshops
We carried out a project in order to improve employees working lives and lives of our families. The project involved suggestions from employees on how we can improve. These could be improvements at work, improvements to our benefits, or things we will start doing to save our environment. All ideas were considered and the overall idea was to come up with 52 improvements in 52 weeks.
Overall, there were lots of ideas on how we could improve our lives as well as our colleagues, here are a few that we put into place;
- Longer breaks
- Guaranteed to have your birthday off
- Extra day holiday
- Healthy snacks
- 1 week full sick pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Increased training allowance
- Thank you notes
- 3 points for working bank holidays
- Eco-friendly lunch bags
- Smoothie makers
And much more…View all our 52 Improvements