The Operations or Departmental Manager Level 5 Apprenticeship will promote the mission, vision and value of the organisation through participating in and leading daily routines, whilst ensuring compliance with legislation, policies, procedures and strategies. They will be an active and effective role model, advocating on behalf of the organisation as well as disseminating best practices and demonstrating leaderful practices.
Is the apprenticeship right for you team?
An operations or departmental manager is someone who manages teams and/or projects and achieves operational or departmental goals and objectives, as part of the delivery of the organisation’s strategy.
They are accountable to a more senior manager or business owner. Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities and job titles will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same.
Key responsibilities may include creating and delivering operational plans, managing projects, leading, and managing teams, managing change, financial and resource management, talent management, coaching and mentoring.
Roles may include Operations manager, Regional manager, Divisional manager, Department manager and Specialist manager.
What you’ll learn
Undertaking this apprenticeship will develop your ability to reflect and build on practice through on-going professional enquiry and action research.
Learning phases include:
- Leading People
- Managing People
- Building Relationships
- Communication Skills
- Operational Management
- Project Management
- Management of Self
The apprenticeship standard has been developed to cover the Department for Education criteria for Level 5 Business Skills qualifications.
We deliver the programme throughout the year providing you with the flexibility to start the apprenticeship when it meets your needs. All learning is on a 1-2-1 basis, so you have the best experience possible with sector experts.
Our delivery model includes:
- Remote support
- Independent learning
- Ongoing mentoring, coaching, advice and guidance
- Specialist English/maths support (if needed)
- Impartial Information, Advice & Guidance
You will also record and track your learning progress through your Aptem e-portfolio, helping to support and evidence your journey. Aptem is an online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device.
What are the benefits?
- Be able to communicate goals and deadlines to team members.
- Have the ability to plan workloads and delegate tasks.
- Be able to create a productive work environment for the team using trust and other appropriate strategies.
- Understand how to assess team performance and how to provide feedback to employees.
- Be able to assist with hiring and training employees.
- Be able to support the daily operation of the organisation.
- Have the ability to perform customer service functions, including interacting with customers and answering questions.
- Provide teams with information about recent developments, programmes and policy changes.
What progression opportunities are there?
As well as completing a Operations or Departmental Manager Level 5 Apprenticeship, you will be able to register as a full member with the Chartered management institute and/or the Institute of Leadership and Management, and if you have 3 years of management experience you can apply for Chartered manager status through the CMI.Enquire about this course
Who is this course for?
The Operations or Departmental Manager Level 5 apprenticeship is Ideal for team members who aspire to develop their managerial skills. Typical job titles could include Operations manager, Regional manager, Divisional manager, Department manager and Specialist manager.
- Operations or Departmental Manager Level 5 apprenticeship
- Give your managers the opportunity to gain CMI Chartered Manager Status
- 5 GCSE’s at Grade C (4) including English and Maths, or able to achieve Level 2 English and Maths whilst on programme
- Can be completed as an Apprenticeship through a levy contribution or employer 5% contribution
- Developed to cover the Department for Education criteria for Level 5 Business Skills qualifications.
Ready to apply?
To apply or find out more information about the Operations or Departmental Manager Level 5 Apprenticeship ‘For Your Team’ course, please complete the form below, or call us on 01202 551553
What makes Aspire different?
Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity to combine the achievement in gaining a qualification with on-the-job training, enabling you to learn while you earn. By placing you with an employer, we offer the training and mentorship you need.
Aspire Training Team offer a range of training courses across the business and care sector. You can be assured you will be provided with the right skills to progress your career or assistance with training your workforce.
From childcare & early years to business administration and team leading and management, there is something for everyone. We also provide study programmes for 16-18 years olds, courses in first aid, assessor training and much more.
Enquire about Operations or Departmental Manager Level 5 Apprenticeship ‘For Your Team’
Interested in this course? Below are some upcoming courses you may be interested in:
Sorry, there are no related courses to show.