In response to recent events in societies across the world, as a company, we are keen to take action in order to try and help combat racial injustices and inequalities.
Everyone within the company is responsible for creating and maintaining an inclusive environment, however, in order to lead this across the company, the new ‘Building Inclusive Environment Group’ (BIE) has been created.
Although any form of discrimination is strictly prohibited within the company and is also illegal in the UK as per the Equality Act 2010, addressing discrimination is a societal and moral issue. It is now one of our missions to address as part of our quality vision. We can improve the service we offer by actively promoting and supporting cultural diversity and inclusion in the workplace environment, and we can even influence change in wider society.
The new BIE Group has been launched by colleagues from across the Tops & Aspire Family who will offer support in order to contribute to the following goals in relation to Minority Cultures:
- Education – of staff, parents, children, against prejudice due to colour, race, religion
- Investigate and eradicate any systemic discrimination in our company
- Monitoring recruitment data and addressing any inequalities
- Monitoring promotion data and addressing any inequalities
- Reviewing relevant policies, particularly EAL
- Reviewing the implementation of policies, particularly EAL
- Increasing diversity.
- Working with suppliers to ensure fair pricing and sufficiency in resources that represent our diverse society, and do not exoticise otherness
- Working with parents to learn about their family’s culture to better inform our provision.
The BIE group will actively research and create new initiatives and ideas that the company can implement in order to support inclusivity. It will also be responsible for ensuring that cultural diversity and inclusivity is embedded within the company, setting expectations of what the company stands for and commit to sustained action both short and long term.
To find out more about Tops Day Nurseries, please click here.
To find out more about Aspire Training Team, please click here.
If you are interested in working for us, check out our latest jobs here.