Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
Mental health presents one of the greatest challenges to our society. With an estimated 450 million people worldwide suffering from a mental health problem, around a quarter of British adults will experience some form of mental health problem within the course of a year. While many elements of mental health are still not understood, having a good knowledge of the information that is available is essential in the care sector.
- Increase understanding of symptoms and management of stress, anxiety and phobias
- Further your personal and professional development
- Gain a clear understanding of mental health legislation
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Develop understanding and appreciation of mental health conditions
- Learn about signs, triggers and symptoms of mental health
- Understand how mental health affects an individual’s ability to cope and function
- Examine guidance to potentially manage and support them with their illness
You will be provided with all the information required for the qualifications, available paper based and online depending on your needs. Alongside the learning materials, you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete.Enquire about this course
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for those who want to gain an appreciation and understanding of a number of different mental health issues that are increasingly prevalent in today’s society.
- Funded through European Social Fund (Subject to eligibility)
- Nationally recognised Level 2 Qualification
- Unit 1 - Understanding Mental Health
- Unit 2 - Understanding Stress
- Unit 3 - Understanding Anxiety
- Unit 4 - Understanding Phobias
- Unit 5 - Understanding Depression
- Unit 6 - Understanding Post-Natal Depression
- Unit 7 - Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Unit 8 - Understanding Schizophrenia
- Unit 9 - Understanding Dementia
- Unit 10 - Understanding Eating Disorders
- Unit 11 - Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Unit 12 - Understanding Obessive Compulsive Disorder
- Unit 13 - Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Ready to apply?
To apply or find our more information about the Awareness of Mental Health Problems course, please complete the form below, or call us on 01202 551553
What makes Aspire different?
Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity to combine the achievement in gaining a qualification with on-the-job training, enabling you to learn while you earn. By placing you with an employer, we offer the training and mentorship you need.
Aspire Training Team offer a range of training courses across the business and care sector. You can be assured you will be provided with the right skills to progress your career or assistance with training your workforce.
From childcare & early years to business administration and team leading and management, there is something for everyone. We also provide study programmes for 16-18 years olds, courses in first aid, assessor training and much more.
Enquire about Awareness of Mental Health Problems
Interested in this course? Below are some upcoming courses you may be interested in: