Buddy a Colleague
You will be taught both the theory and practical behind being a workplace buddy. To pass the course you will be observed in your workplace putting the theory into practice. You will also be able to develop your own leadership and people skills as well as develop the confidence of the people you buddy.
Covered within the Course:
- The difference between a buddy and mentor, why buddy and who makes a good buddy
- Understand how to buddy a colleague – what is expected of a buddy, techniques to give feedback and techniques
to establish rapport with a buddy
- Plan to buddy a colleague – agree who needs to be buddied, setting SMART objectives and writing a plan
- Support a buddied colleague carry out work activities including observational skills
This course is part of Skills Support for the Workforce which we deliver on behalf of Serco. It is co-financed by
the European Social Fund and the Skills Funding Agency.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those looking to develop their skills and understanding on how to support new and existing colleagues in the workplace.
- Co-financed by the European Social Fund and the Skills Funding Agency
- Develop your own leadership and people skills
- Techniques to give feedback and to establish rapport with a buddy
Ready to apply?
To apply or find our more information about the Buddy a Colleague course, please complete the form below, or call us on 01202 551553
What people say
“The buddy course has really helped me to become more aware of the different ways i can support my colleagues, that i would have never thought of. ”
“The course helped me to identify others learning styles and that the way I learn may not necessarily work for others.”
What makes Aspire different?
Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity to combine the achievement in gaining a qualification with on-the-job training, enabling you to learn while you earn. By placing you with an employer, we offer the training and mentorship you need.
Aspire Training Team offer a range of training courses across the business and care sector. You can be assured you will be provided with the right skills to progress your career or assistance with training your workforce.
From childcare, adult social care, business administration and team leading and management, there is something for everyone. We also provide traineeships and courses in first aid, moving and handling and assessor training.