COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) Training
This online COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) Training course covers all the information necessary to keep your team safe from substances that could be potentially harmful to their health. It covers all aspects of chemical and hazardous substance safety in the workplace and is essential training across a range of industries. Our COSHH Training is IOSH Approved and CPD Accredited for your reassurance and takes just 25 minutes to complete.
- Gain a better understanding of the 6 Simple Steps in controlling health & safety risks
- Be able to identify the different types of hazard symbols
- Gain a better understanding of the different types of hazardous substances
It is estimated that hazardous substances account for around 650,000 deaths every year, making it one of the biggest contributors to occupational deaths worldwide. By providing effective COSHH training, you can help to ensure that everyone in the workplace is competent to carry out their work safely. Our COSHH course identifies hazardous substances, how they can be harmful, everyday storage, COSHH Risk Assessments and what they are used for.
All levels of staff and management should be able to recognise the potential hazards posed by their work, be able to take action to reduce or eliminate the risks and understand the role of personal protection in ensuring good occupational health.
Equip your team with the knowledge needed to safely store hazardous chemicals and how to respond if they are exposed to hazardous chemicals; as well as giving them a solid understanding of the hazard symbols and the ‘6 simple steps’.
- Unit 1 – Introduction to COSHH – In our first unit we will be exploring what COSHH legislation is for, including what is a hazardous substance and what is covered under the regulations. We will also be looking at how a person can come into contact with hazardous substances and the job roles that are high risk.
- Unit 2 – COSHH Legislation – In this unit we will be looking at the history of legislations relating to hazardous substances in the work place, as well as the different legal requirements and legislations. We will also look at enforcement action that can be taken if a duty holder is found to be in breach of the regulations.
- Unit 3 – Health Risks Associated with Hazardous Substances – This unit will explore who can be affected if workers suffer from ill-health as a result of exposure to chemicals. It will also explore the common health hazards associated with hazardous substances in the workplace.
- Unit 4 – Identifying Hazardous Substances in the Workplace – In this unit we will be looking at the different types of hazardous substance that can be found in the workplace and the methods of identifying them. We will then look at how important safety data sheets are and how to use them.
- Unit 5 – COSHH Risk Assessment and Control Measures – In our final unit we will be looking at why it is important to do risk assessments in the work place. The steps to carry out a COSHH assessment will be explained, as well as the arrangements for accidents, incidents and emergencies that could occur.
Who is this course for?
The HSE state that all employees must provide information, training and instruction to all staff who work with hazardous substances. This also includes cleaning staff and maintenance staff.
- Printable Certificate Generated
- CPD Accredited
- IOSH Approved
Ready to apply?
To apply or find out more information about the COSHH Training – For Your Team course, please complete the form below, or call us on 01202 551553
What makes Aspire different?
Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity to combine the achievement in gaining a qualification with on-the-job training, enabling you to learn while you earn. By placing you with an employer, we offer the training and mentorship you need.
Aspire Training Team offer a range of training courses across the business and care sector. You can be assured you will be provided with the right skills to progress your career or assistance with training your workforce.
From childcare & early years to business administration and team leading and management, there is something for everyone. We also provide study programmes for 16-18 years olds, courses in first aid, assessor training and much more.
Enquire about COSHH Training – For Your Team
Interested in this course? Below are some upcoming courses you may be interested in:
Sorry, there are no related courses to show.