Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Around 1.5 million people in the UK have a learning disability. Owing to the fact that they are likely to find it more difficult than others to describe their symptoms, a good knowledge of legislation and the healthcare system, as well as an understanding of signs and symptoms of various conditions, is essential for anyone working with individuals with learning disabilities.
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Improve your understanding of the term ‘learning disability’
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Understand the importance of safeguarding individuals from abuse and the importance of a person-centred approach to risk-taking
- Learn to support individuals with learning disabilities
- Understand how to safeguard and protect
- Learn the value of positive risk taking
You will be provided with all the information required for the qualifications, available paper based and online depending on your needs. Alongside the learning materials, you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete.Enquire about this course
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed for those who would like to gain an understanding of the principles that ensure an individual with learning disabilities is provided with high-quality, person-centred care.
- Funded through European Social Fund (Subject to eligibility)
- Nationally recognised Level 2 Qualification
- Unit 1 - Understanding the Context of Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Unit 2 - Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
- Unit 3 - Introduction to Personalisation in Social Care
- Unit 4 - Principles of Positive Risk-Taking for Individuals with Disabilities
- Unit 5 - Introductory Awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Unit 6 - Principles of Supporting Individuals with a Learning Disability to Access Healthcare
Ready to apply?
To apply or find our more information about the Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities course, please complete the form below, or call us on 01202 551553
What makes Aspire different?
Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity to combine the achievement in gaining a qualification with on-the-job training, enabling you to learn while you earn. By placing you with an employer, we offer the training and mentorship you need.
Aspire Training Team offer a range of training courses across the business and care sector. You can be assured you will be provided with the right skills to progress your career or assistance with training your workforce.
From childcare & early years to business administration and team leading and management, there is something for everyone. We also provide study programmes for 16-18 years olds, courses in first aid, assessor training and much more.
Enquire about Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Interested in this course? Below are some upcoming courses you may be interested in:
Sorry, there are no related courses to show.