Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
Mental Health problems affect around 1 in 10 children and young people. These issues include depression, anxiety and conduct disorder and can often be a direct response to occurrences in their lives. Emotional well-being is just as important as a child’s mental health; therefore it is important for those working with children and young people to have a good understanding of the concepts, risk factors and impact of mental health.
This qualification aims to equip you with a more detailed understanding of mental health conditions that affect children and young people, the legislation and guidance surrounding mental health, risk factors that may affect mental well-being and the impact that mental health concerns may have on young people and others.
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Gain an understanding of risk factors which may affect the mental well being of children and young people
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Receive high-quality learner support materials
You will be provided with all the information required for the qualifications, available paper based and online depending on your needs. Alongside the learning materials, you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete.Enquire about this course
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suited to those working with children or have their own children and would like to further their knowledge on children's mental health.
- Nationally recognised Level 2 Qualification
- Funded through European Social Fund (Subject to eligibility)
- Unit 1 - Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health in Context
- Unit 2 - Understand Factors which may Affect Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Unit 3 - Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
- Unit 4 - Understand the Impact of Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
- Unit 5 - Understand how to Support Children and Young People with Mental Health Concerns
Ready to apply?
To apply or find our more information about the Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health course, please complete the form below, or call us on 01202 551553
What makes Aspire different?
Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity to combine the achievement in gaining a qualification with on-the-job training, enabling you to learn while you earn. By placing you with an employer, we offer the training and mentorship you need.
Aspire Training Team offer a range of training courses across the business and care sector. You can be assured you will be provided with the right skills to progress your career or assistance with training your workforce.
From childcare & early years to business administration and team leading and management, there is something for everyone. We also provide study programmes for 16-18 years olds, courses in first aid, assessor training and much more.