Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
The purpose of this qualification is to increase learners’ knowledge and understanding of common childhood illnesses to enable them to support the development and well being of infants and children they support/care for.
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Further your personal and professional development
- Understand how infection is spread
- Understand ways to minimise cross infection when working with babies and young children
- Understand how to recognise when a baby or young child is unwell
- Understand how to support and care for a baby or young child who is unwell in the early years setting
- Understand serious illness in babies and young children
- Understand allergies and food intolerance
You will be provided with all the information required for the qualifications, available paper based and online depending on your needs. Alongside the learning materials, you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete.Enquire about this course
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for those who work with children or have their own children and would like to further their understanding of common childhood illnesses.
- Funded through European Social Fund (Subject to eligibility)
- Nationally recognised Level 2 Qualification
- Unit 1 - Understand how to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies and young children
- Unit 2 - Understand common childhood illnesses
- Unit 3 - Understand health emergencies and specific health conditions in an early years setting
Ready to apply?
To apply or find our more information about the Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses course, please complete the form below, or call us on 01202 551553
What makes Aspire different?
Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity to combine the achievement in gaining a qualification with on-the-job training, enabling you to learn while you earn. By placing you with an employer, we offer the training and mentorship you need.
Aspire Training Team offer a range of training courses across the business and care sector. You can be assured you will be provided with the right skills to progress your career or assistance with training your workforce.
From childcare & early years to business administration and team leading and management, there is something for everyone. We also provide study programmes for 16-18 years olds, courses in first aid, assessor training and much more.
Enquire about Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
Interested in this course? Below are some upcoming courses you may be interested in: