Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
The number of obese people in the UK has more than trebled in the last 25 years, reaching what many doctors believe to be ‘epidemic’ proportions. Insufficient nutrition can lead to a variety of health-threatening conditions; understanding the benefits of a balanced diet and the role of nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease is fundamental.
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Increase your understanding of food safety for the home environment
- Explore Principles of Healthy Eating
- Consider Nutritional Needs of a Variety of Individuals
- Use Food and Nutrition Information to Plan a Healthy Diet
- The Principles of Weight Management
- Understanding Eating Disorders
You will be provided with all the information required for the qualifications, available paper based and online depending on your needs. Alongside the learning materials, you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete.Enquire about this course
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for those working, or intending to work, in settings such as sport and recreation, exercise and fitness, hospitality and catering or healthcare to give an understanding of nutrition and health to support their role in the workplace.
- Funded through European Social Fund (Subject to eligibility)
- Nationally recognised Level 2 Qualification
- Unit 1 - Explore Principles of Healthy Eating
- Unit 2 - Consider Nutritional Needs of a Variety of Individuals
- Unit 3 - Use Food and Nutrition Information to Plan a Healthy Diet
- Unit 4 - The Principles of Weight Management
- Unit 5 - Understanding Eating Disorders
Ready to apply?
To apply or find our more information about the Understanding Nutrition and Health course, please complete the form below, or call us on 01202 551553
What makes Aspire different?
Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity to combine the achievement in gaining a qualification with on-the-job training, enabling you to learn while you earn. By placing you with an employer, we offer the training and mentorship you need.
Aspire Training Team offer a range of training courses across the business and care sector. You can be assured you will be provided with the right skills to progress your career or assistance with training your workforce.
From childcare & early years to business administration and team leading and management, there is something for everyone. We also provide study programmes for 16-18 years olds, courses in first aid, assessor training and much more.
Enquire about Understanding Nutrition and Health
Interested in this course? Below are some upcoming courses you may be interested in:
Sorry, there are no related courses to show.