Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
There is an emerging global epidemic of diabetes. In the UK alone, 3.2 million people are diagnosed with the disease and an estimated 630,000 people have the condition but don’t know it. It is believed that deaths from diabetes will rise by more than 50% in the next ten years. Simple lifestyle measures can be effective in preventing or delaying the onset of this chronic, debilitating and often deadly disease.
This nationally accredited qualification provides an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can occur. It covers how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes and aims to develop an understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care. The qualification also covers the importance of ongoing care and the correct treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels.
- Improve your understanding of the various forms and causes of diabetes
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Create better preventative care by being able to identify early signs of diabetes
- Develop an understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care
- Understand the importance of ongoing care
- Learn the correct treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels
You will be provided with all the information required for the qualifications, available paper based and online depending on your needs. Alongside the learning materials, you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete.Enquire about this course
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who would like to improve their understanding of forms and causes of diabetes.
- Funded through European Social Fund (Subject to eligibility)
- Nationally recognised Level 2 Qualification
- Unit 1 - Understand Diabetes
- Unit 2 - Prevention and Early Intervention of Type 2 Diabetes
- Unit 3 - Understand the Initial Care of Diabetes
- Unit 4 - Understand the Treatment and Management of Diabetes
Ready to apply?
To apply or find our more information about the Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes course, please complete the form below, or call us on 01202 551553
What makes Aspire different?
Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity to combine the achievement in gaining a qualification with on-the-job training, enabling you to learn while you earn. By placing you with an employer, we offer the training and mentorship you need.
Aspire Training Team offer a range of training courses across the business and care sector. You can be assured you will be provided with the right skills to progress your career or assistance with training your workforce.
From childcare & early years to business administration and team leading and management, there is something for everyone. We also provide study programmes for 16-18 years olds, courses in first aid, assessor training and much more.