Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
This qualification aims to raise awareness of the role of the mental health worker and the process and approaches involved in the care and support of those who experience mental ill health.
The objective of this qualification is to give learners working, or intending to work in a health or social care context, an understanding of approaches to supporting those with mental health needs. It will also enable learners to progress to other qualifications in healthcare and social care.
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the mandatory units. Grades are not awarded.
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Develop understanding and appreciation of mental health conditions
- Learn about signs, triggers and symptoms of mental health
- Understand how mental health affects an individual’s ability to cope and function
- Examine guidance to potentially manage and support them with their illness
You will be provided with all the information required for the qualifications, available paper based and online depending on your needs. Alongside the learning materials, you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete.Enquire about this course
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to understand the approaches to care and support of those with mental health problems.
- Funded through European Social Fund (Subject to eligibility)
- Nationally recognised Level 2 Qualification
- Unit 1 - Understand the role of the mental health worker
- Unit 2 - Mental health and mental health issues
- Unit 3 - Understand duty of care in adult health and social care
- Unit 4 - Approaches to care and management in mental health
- Unit 5 - Understanding change and support in relation to mental health
Ready to apply?
To apply or find our more information about the Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs course, please complete the form below, or call us on 01202 551553
What makes Aspire different?
Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity to combine the achievement in gaining a qualification with on-the-job training, enabling you to learn while you earn. By placing you with an employer, we offer the training and mentorship you need.
Aspire Training Team offer a range of training courses across the business and care sector. You can be assured you will be provided with the right skills to progress your career or assistance with training your workforce.
From childcare & early years to business administration and team leading and management, there is something for everyone. We also provide study programmes for 16-18 years olds, courses in first aid, assessor training and much more.