Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
Autism is a spectrum condition that affects how a person communicates with others and how they interpret the world around them. There are around 700,000 people in the UK with autism – more than 1 in every 100. Having a clear understanding of the misconceptions, diagnoses and support surrounding autism are just some of the essential skills needed when working in mental health.
- Improve your understanding of theories relating to autism
- Further your personal and professional development
- Ensure you understand what is meant by autism and how it is diagnosed
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Learn how individuals with autism process sensory information
- Understand the characteristics that may be present in individuals with autism
- Understand the conditions that commonly occur with autism
- Learn the common misconceptions surrounding autism
- Learn how speech, language and communication may differ in people with autism
- Recognise how legislation and guidance underpins support
You will be provided with all the information required for the qualifications, available paper based and online depending on your needs. Alongside the learning materials, you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete.Enquire about this course
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for those who want to develop their knowledge and awareness of autism, a spectrum condition that affects how a person communicates with others and how they interpret the world around them.
- Nationally recognised Level 2 Qualification
- Unit 1 - Introduction to Autism
- Unit 2 - Using a Person-Centred Approach to Support Individuals with Autism
- Unit 3 - Communication and Social Interaction in Individuals with Autism
- Unit 4 - Sensory Processing, Perception and Cognition in Individuals with Autism
- Unit 5 - Supporting Positive Behaviour in Individuals with Autism
- Unit 6 - Supporting Individuals with Autism to Live Healthy and Fulfilled Lives
- Available as a single-unit course, Somerset only
Ready to apply?
To apply or find out more information about the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism – For Your Team course, please complete the form below, or call us on 01202 551553
What makes Aspire different?
Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity to combine the achievement in gaining a qualification with on-the-job training, enabling you to learn while you earn. By placing you with an employer, we offer the training and mentorship you need.
Aspire Training Team offer a range of training courses across the business and care sector. You can be assured you will be provided with the right skills to progress your career or assistance with training your workforce.
From childcare & early years to business administration and team leading and management, there is something for everyone. We also provide study programmes for 16-18 years olds, courses in first aid, assessor training and much more.
Enquire about Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism – For Your Team
Interested in this course? Below are some upcoming courses you may be interested in:
Sorry, there are no related courses to show.