Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
Around 15% of people have a learning difficulty, which means they can find it harder to learn certain skills.
If your team is looking to improve their understanding and awareness of learning difficulties, this is the course for them. They will learn about a range of specific learning difficulties, including ADHD, dyslexia and dyscalculia. It’s great for people working in a variety of sectors, such as healthcare, social care and education.
- The characteristics of ADHD, ADD, dyslexia and dyscalculia
- How specific learning difficulties can affect children and adults in different ways
- The importance of early diagnosis
- The various assessment methods available to diagnose specific learning difficulties
- How individuals can be supported to gain, start and continue with study and employment
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
- Further your teams personal and professional development
- Gain an understanding of how Specific Learning Difficulties affect an individual’s life and those of others
- Learn at a time that suits them and your business without the need to attend college
Who is this course for?
This qualification will be suitable for teaching staff, care staff or anyone looking to build their knowledge of dyslexia and other learning difficulties. The qualification would be suitable for those working within healthcare, social care and education contexts.
- Funded through European Social Fund (Subject to eligibility)
- Nationally recognised Level 2 Qualification
- Learn at a time that suits them and your business
- Unit 1 – Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 2 - Understand the effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 3 – Understand the diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 4 – Understanding supporting individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 5 – Understand the Context of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Available as a single-unit course, Somerset only
Ready to apply?
To apply or find out more information about the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties course, please complete the form below, or call us on 01202 551553
What makes Aspire different?
Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity to combine the achievement in gaining a qualification with on-the-job training, enabling you to learn while you earn. By placing you with an employer, we offer the training and mentorship you need.
Aspire Training Team offer a range of training courses across the business and care sector. You can be assured you will be provided with the right skills to progress your career or assistance with training your workforce.
From childcare & early years to business administration and team leading and management, there is something for everyone. We also provide study programmes for 16-18 years olds, courses in first aid, assessor training and much more.
Enquire about Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
Interested in this course? Below are some upcoming courses you may be interested in:
Sorry, there are no related courses to show.