GOOD NEWS – if you have smoked for a while you might feel the damage has already been done…BUT, however long you have smoked it is always worth quitting and above all, it’s never too late! Look at how your body will benefit if you stop smoking!
- 20 minutes your blood pressure and pulse return to normal
- 8 hours nicotine and carbon monoxide levels in your blood half and oxygen in your blood returns to normal
- 24 hours carbon monoxide is eliminated from your body
- 48 hours there is no nicotine left in your body and taste and smell are greatly improved
- 72 hours breathing becomes easier as your lungs begin to relax and your energy levels being to increase
- 2–12 weeks your circulation improves making walking and running a lot easier
- 3–9 months coughs, wheezing and breathing improve and your lungs have room for up to 10% more oxygen
- 1 year your risk of a heart attack is halved, compared to that of a smoker
- 10 years your risk of lung cancer is halved, compared to that of a smoker
- 15 years your risk of a heart attack is at the same level as non-smokers
What would you do with the money you saved from quitting?
If you smoked 10 cigarettes a day, on average you could save…
£112 in one month… £670 in 6 months… £1,340 in one year… £6,698 in 5 years