Why did you choose an apprenticeship?
After not getting the results I was expecting in my A levels, I wanted to review my other options which in my case was an apprenticeship.
What do you love the most about your apprenticeship?
I work with some of the best colleagues, and I’m gaining valuable life and work experience whilst getting a qualification out of it.
What accomplishment are you most proud of and why?
Settling in well, picking things up quickly, being independent and part of a team. I am proud of these as it’s not always easy to fit into a new workplace.
In your opinion, what are the benefits of an apprenticeship?
- Valuable learn on the job experience.
- No high expectations, the employer knows you are still learning.
- You get a qualification at the end which you can take anywhere you would like to.
What skills have you developed during your time as an apprentice?
- Become more confident in person and on the phone.
- Met a lot of different personalities in the workplace, talked to a lot of different people.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully still working for my organisation but may have moved around in the business a bit.
What advice would you give to someone considering an apprenticeship?
- Consider all your options, university isn’t the only route.
- Do research on what sort of career path interests you and whether an apprenticeship could get you there.
- Consider what sort of person you are, e.g. whether you like school/exams or whether you prefer to learn on the job and do coursework etc.