The workshops we run at the Aspire Training Team are a fun and practical way to learn about the theory of childcare.
We run our Level 1 workshops run every other Wednesday from 10am – 2.30pm. Each workshop is designed around a topic and the needs of the students attending and can accommodate up to 12 students.
We cover a whole host of different topics including:
- Communicating with children – looking at the importance of listening to and talking with young children
- Growth and development of children – focusing on child development from birth – 5 years
- Preparing for your next steps – encouraging students to focus on own personal career goals, supports students to prepare for and take next steps in own training and employment options
- Craft activities for young children – exploring craft activities for all ages to promote all areas of development
- Sharing learning experiences with children – looking at different types of learning experiences which could be shared with children
- Supporting babies to play– looking at the adult role in supporting babies development
- Musical activities for young children – making different types of musical instruments for all ages and promoting sensory development
- Healthy eating for families– learning about healthy meal choices, how to encourage children to have a varied and balanced diet and how to support families to encourage healthy eating
Students take part in a variety of tasks during each session including games, watching videos, making activities for the children (play dough, flash cards etc), quizzes, discussions and making posters.
Our current students have found the workshops to be great fun and a good way to learn with peers. The workshops are interactive and enjoyable and have enabled them to take in a lot more knowledge than any previous learning environments.
As it is now compulsory for all young adults to attend school or be in training until they reach the age of 17, this on-the-job training qualification is a great alternative to school.