Plastic Free July is an annual global movement that empowers people to be part of the solution to plastic pollution and encourages them to avoid using single-use or disposable plastics. So far the movement has reached 177 countries and inspired over 250 million people to take part in the challenge. Finding new alternatives throughout July can lead to discovering exciting ideas that can become new and conscious habits!
Here at Aspire Training Team, we are passionate about reducing our environmental impact in order to protect our future and have previously been named as ‘Plastic Free Champions‘ by Surfers Against Sewage, and the Sobowastebusters.
Here are a few ideas for some environmentally conscious alternatives you can try this July:
- Make some easy swaps! Instead of buying plastic straws, coffee cups or water bottles, invest in re-usable ones that thanks to changing times are cheap and available all over.
- Ditch the plastic bag! There really is no need to buy plastic bags any more, bags for life are cheap and an easy way to reduce your plastic waste.
- Look at your shopping habits – are you buying fruit and veg with unnecessary plastic packaging? Perhaps you might be thinking of using your local milkman and swapping plastic for glass bottles.
- Try some different types of plastic-free soaps and shampoos, you may even save money as well as waste!
- Do your research – it may be that you already use as little plastic as possible, but there is always room for improvement.
- Remember – making small and conscious changes can make a huge difference so keep doing what you can.
Find out more about the movement here and see how you can make a difference, good luck!
Delivering quality Apprenticeships and Training across Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Devon and Hampshire, in Childcare, Business Administration, Leadership and Management, and more. With offices in Salisbury, Taunton, Bournemouth, Portsmouth and Plymouth.