Plastic Free July is a global movement that helps millions of people be part of the solution to plastic pollution – so we can have cleaner streets, oceans, and beautiful communities. Will you be part of Plastic Free July by choosing to refuse single-use plastics?
Here at Aspire Training Team, we are passionate about reducing our environmental impact in order to protect our future and have previously been named as ‘Plastic Free Champions‘ by Surfers Against Sewage, and the Sobowastebusters.
Here are a few ideas for some environmentally conscious alternatives you can try this July:
- Make some easy swaps! Instead of buying plastic straws, coffee cups or water bottles, invest in re-usable ones that thanks to changing times are cheap and available all over.
- Ditch the plastic bag! There really is no need to buy plastic bags any more, bags for life are cheap and an easy way to reduce your plastic waste.
- Look at your shopping habits – are you buying fruit and veg with unnecessary plastic packaging? Perhaps you might be thinking of using your local milkman and swapping plastic for glass bottles.
- Try some different types of plastic-free soaps and shampoos, you may even save money as well as waste!
- Do your research – it may be that you already use as little plastic as possible, but there is always room for improvement.
- Remember – making small and conscious changes can make a huge difference so keep doing what you can.
Click here to find out what you can do to reduce plastic waste!
Delivering quality Apprenticeships and Training across Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Devon and Hampshire, in Childcare, Business Administration, Leadership and Management, and more. With offices in Salisbury, Taunton, Bournemouth, Portsmouth and Plymouth.