Level 3 Course in Understanding Autism
More than 1 in every 100 people in the UK have an autism diagnosis.
The Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism is designed for learners who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of the condition, and the challenges and strengths that autistic people may experience.
You will learn about characteristics, diagnosis and how understanding and different theories surrounding autism have developed over time. Within this qualification, the term ‘autism’ is used as an umbrella term for all autistic spectrum conditions, including Asperger syndrome.
The objectives of this qualification are to gain knowledge and understanding of autism, including:
• how to adopt a positive approach to supporting individuals with autism
• the current legislative framework relating to individuals with autism and how different theories have developed over time
• how to support and manage transitions for individuals with autism
• the range of therapeutic interventions and support available for individuals with autism and co-occurring conditions
• how to support communication and social interaction for individuals with autism
• how to develop an understanding of how individuals with autism may be vulnerable and the support worker’s role and responsibilities relating to safeguarding according to legislative requirements.
Unit 1: Autism in context
Unit 2: Positive behavioural support for individuals with autism
Unit 3: Understand support and management of transitions for individuals with autism
Unit 4: Therapeutic interventions and support available for individuals with autism and co-occuring conditions
Unit 5: Communication and social interaction with individuals with autism
Unit 6: Safeguarding and resilience in autism
Who is this course for?
From 1st April 2021, anyone aged 24+ who wants to achieve their first full level 3 qualification, which is equivalent to an advanced technical certificate or diploma, or 2 full A levels, will be able to sign up to a fully-funded course.
- Eligible for payment through the Advanced Learner Loan
- Level 3 Course in Understanding Autism
Ready to apply?
To apply or find out more information about the Level 3 Course in Understanding Autism – For Your Team course, please complete the form below, or call us on 01202 551553
What makes Aspire different?
Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity to combine the achievement in gaining a qualification with on-the-job training, enabling you to learn while you earn. By placing you with an employer, we offer the training and mentorship you need.
Aspire Training Team offer a range of training courses across the business and care sector. You can be assured you will be provided with the right skills to progress your career or assistance with training your workforce.
From childcare & early years to business administration and team leading and management, there is something for everyone. We also provide study programmes for 16-18 years olds, courses in first aid, assessor training and much more.
Enquire about Level 3 Course in Understanding Autism – For Your Team
Interested in this course? Below are some upcoming courses you may be interested in: